OTA lives as the intersection of Community + Creativity.
Over 2,500 people from South DakOTA, North DakOTA, and MinnesOTA (collectively, the OTA region) have joined us at this intersection over the past five years, and that number continues to grow. Add to that the relationships we’ve developed with over 80 global leaders in technology, entrepreneurship, community building, charities, branding, marketing, social media and movements, and the impact that OTA makes is clear.
On September 12, OTA comes to Fargo for the first time. And, we're bringing friends from throughout the region and around the country. Buses will be traveling from Sioux Falls and Minneapolis. Creatives will be caravanning from Bismarck and Rapid City. And, we'll be welcoming thought leaders from throughout the country including:
- riCardo crespo, C/C/O at Th13teen, Fmr Global Creative Chief at 20th Century Fox & Mattel.
- Greg Hartle, Entrepreneur, Founder of $10 And A Laptop, https://greghartle.com/
- Wes Eisenhauer, Frontman of Soulcrate, Photographer, http://weseisenhauerphotography.com/
- Cathy Brooks, Founder / Chief Human Officer, The Hydrant Club http://www.hydrantclub.com/our-pack/
- Ellen McGirt, Business Journalist, Fast Company Alum, Nervous Novelist
- Jason Robert, Founder of Team Better Block, http://teambetterblock.com/about/
- Larry Smith, Founder of Smith Magazine & Catalyst of Six Word Memoirs, http://www.smithmag.net/larrysmith/
- Lonnie Carter, Playwright of Lost Boys (and Girl) of Sudan, http://www.lonniecarter.com/bio.html
- Kevin Kirby, Ashoka Fellow, CEO and Co-Founder of Face It TOGETHER, http://www.wefaceittogether.org/why-face-it-together/our-team/kevin-kirby
- Tony Salvador, Director of Intel's Experience Insights Research, http://www.intel.com/pressroom/kits/classmatePC/tsalvador.htm
- Elizabeth King, Founder and Executive Director of Agency for Emerging Voices, http://elizabethonline.com/
- Evan and Andrew from The Gregory Brothers, Creators of Auto-Tune The News, http://www.thegregorybrothers.com/
- Greg Brandeau, Author of Collective Genius, Fmr CTO of Walt Disney, Fmr SVP of Pixar and Walt Disney, Fmr Director of Operations at NeXT Computers, https://www.linkedin.com/pub/greg-brandeau/0/49/59b
- ...and house band, Bella Ruse, http://bellaruse.com/
The connections and collisions of people and ideas have impacted our largest and smallest businesses, organizations and communities. Our visiting speakers are making second and third visits to this region because of their connections to our people and communities. Organizations are reporting changes in customer service strategies and staff culture building. And, the people of OTA are starting to expect more of OTA and themselves.
With OTA14: Fargo, our goal is to continue to expand the ripples throughout the OTA region. We can't wait to see you there.
We are building an event for Fargo just as dynamic and electric as our April 4 event was in Sioux Falls, where 18 speakers and 550 OTA creatives, changemakers and community builders connected. When artists, speakers and musicians collide with a diverse audience of community builders and creatives, great things happen.
Friday, September 12, 2014 // 7:30 AM - 5:00 PM // Fargo Civic Center